Sunday, March 16, 2014
Banana Almond French Toast Sticks
Also, if you haven't picked up on it, one of my tricks to eating without adding sugar is to add banana. The banana in this french toast really makes it nice and sweet.
For 2 slices:
Ingredients: tsp vanilla, 1 egg, 2 slices tolerated bread, 2 tsp cinnamon, 5-10 crushed almonds, 1 banana, nonstick cooking oil spray
1. Cut the banana in half and mash half of it; slice the other half
2. Whisk 1 egg and mix in 2 tsp of cinnamon, a tsp of vanilla, and the mashed 1/2 banana
3. Cut each of the 2 slices of bread into three long pieces
4. Soak the pieces of bread in the egg banana mixture and let absorb for about 10 min
5. Spray a pan with nonstick cooking oil spray and on medium heat cook the pieces of french toast
6. When egg is cooked, turn heat off
7. Top with banana slices, a dust of cinnamon, and crushed almonds
For another version, I was thinking of having a cocoa-carob topping or a strawberry mint topping. What's your favorite french toast topping?