Saturday, March 15, 2014

Cinnamon Swirl Banana Oatmeal

To me, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I usually eat the same thing or variations of it: oatmeal! And a grapefruit on the side! This morning I had ballet class and then walked to the library to study, so I figured that banana cinnamon oatmeal would be good fuel (and I was right)! Also bananas are great to eat before exercise or athletics because the potassium helps prevent muscle cramps.
Ingredients: 1 ripe banana, 1/3 cup of oats, 2/3 cup of water, 2 tsp cinnamon

1. Mash up the banana and mix with 1/3 cup of oats, 2/3 cup of water, and 2 tsp cinnamon

2. Either cook on stove or microwave:

If you cook the oatmeal on the stove:
Stir the oat mixture and cook for about 25 minutes or until desired consistency

If you microwave:
microwave for about 2.5 minutes (take out once the oats have expanded and before the pour over the rim of bowl!)


1 comment: