To happily get my daily dose of oxidant rich dark chocolate, without the chemicals and additives, I make this special cocoa treat. They’re like little brownie bites, but actually super healthy and energizing!
To make 6 cocoa banana mini-souffles:
Ingredients: 3 tbsp raw cocoa powder, 3 very ripe bananas, 4 eggs, tbsp. vanilla, tbsp. cinnamon, dash of salt, tsp almond oil, non-stick cooking oil spray
Materials: muffin/cupcake tray, optional: blender
1. Prepare the muffin/cupcake tray with a little of non-stick cooking oil spray
2. Preheat oven to 350 F
3. In a large bowl, whisk the 4 eggs
4. Either blend the bananas or beat in a separate bowl, but SAVE 1/3 banana on the side for topping
5. Gradually mix the banana into the eggs
6. Slowly add the 3 tbsp cocoa powder, tbsp. vanilla, tbsp. cinnamon, dash of salt, and tsp almond oil to the mixture
7. You can either keep mixing until a homogenous consistency is reached or blend it
8. Fill the muffing cups with the mix
9. Put the tray into the oven and after 10-12 minutes add a few slices of banana on top of each mini-souffle and a dust of cocoa powder and cinnamon
10. Continue baking for 5-10 minutes and check frequently with a toothpick to get a soufflé-like consistency
11. Some great optional toppings: organic peanut or almond butter, berries, nuts
You can freeze these to save for another time!