Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Refreshing Melon Berry Salad

First post from my kitchen at Lehigh! Anyways, today was such a sunny day and it felt great walking around campus. Had engineering classes and ballet so went to the pool to cool down, but still needed something refreshing… So here is my solution:

Ingredients: 2 cups cut up romaine lettuce, bell pepper, 1/2 cup of honeydew cubes, 10-20 almonds, some dill and parsley, 1/2 cup berries, optional: olive oil and balsamic vinegar, side of tolerated type of bread

1. Chop up lettuce and bell pepper

2. Add in 1/2 cup of honeydew cubes

3. Add 10-20 almonds

4. Throw some dill and parsley into the mix

5. Put 1/2 cup berries into the salad

6. Dress with tsp olive oil and balsamic vinegar

7. Enjoy with a side of some toasted, tolerated kind of bread

Looks good and tastes better!



4 comments:

  1. Finally, a place to come home to. I am always in need of wheat free recipes and these look and taste amazing! Thank you Danielle for making meals for those with dietary restrictions easier and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear! Keep checking back, I'll be posting more soon!

      Delete
  2. This is so amazing!! I am so happy to find these healthy and creative recipes!
    I hope that you will continue, and have more ideas. I am looking for recipes that are fructose free.

    ReplyDelete