Friday, May 9, 2014

Not Tomato Sauce

One thing that I never realized how much I would miss with this diet is tomato sauce! So versatile and yummy, it is great on pasta, homemade pizza, over cooked veggies, and in special dishes.

I used some fresh purple basil from our garden!
I challenged myself to reproduce the flavor of tomato sauce with what I can eat, and to my surprise it worked out well! Check out my "Not Pizza" recipe which uses this "Not Tomato Sauce!"





To make 1.5 cups:
Ingredients: 2 cups chopped bell pepper, 1 diced lemon, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, tsp olive oil, herbs/seasoning (pinch of each and fresh if you have): oregano, paprika, red pepper flakes, basil, tarragon, thyme, marjoram, basil, salt, peppercorn, 1/2 cup water

1. Add all ingredients into blender and blend!

2. Pour into saucepan and cook on low to medium heat for 30-60 minutes depending on the consistency desired

3. Store in the fridge


No comments:

Post a Comment