Saturday, May 3, 2014

Pina Kale-Ada

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Sailor_Mouth

A few weeks ago in the school cafeteria, there was no fruit except for pineapple, and I needed
something sweet, so I looked up the fructose content (seemed okay to have a few bites) and got some. It's been a very, very long time since I've had pineapple, and when I tried it, it was so delicious, so I had a little more. Turns out that my body can handle the fructose-glucose ratio in a little bit of pineapple, but my mouth could not! There was a tingling sensation in my mouth, which then turned into a giant burn, which made it hard to eat and talk.

I was worried that this was another allergy, so I did some research and found out that the plant protease enzyme, bromelain (which breaks down proteins), causes the burn. So, if you haven't had pineapple in a while and would like to preserve your taste buds, don't have more than a few pieces, and make sure that it's ripe! This recipe has just the right amount!


Ingredients: 1/2 cup RIPE pineapple, 1 cup kale, 2 tsp sesame seeds, 1/2 cup ice

1. Pour all ingredients into a high speed blender with some water

2. Blend!



No comments:

Post a Comment