Friday, April 4, 2014

Spring Garden Salad

When I was gathering the ingredients for this salad, I realized that with the help of my family and their backyards, we can even make this without the supermarket! The herbs and greens AND RASPBERRIES can come from my grandma's garden along with the farm in her town. Extra emphasis on the raspberries because I have many fond memories picking them and would rather be doing that than studying... The eggs can come from my cousins/aunt and uncle who have chickens. We have some herbs in our backyard that can contribute, and in Israel and California we have family with lemon trees. Maybe next time I'll try to use my resources better :)

Ingredients: 1/2 cup raspberries, 2-3 celery stalks, 1/4 cup parsley and dill, 1/2 lemon, tbsp balsamic vinaigrette (or 2 tsp balsamic vinegar and tsp olive oil), 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce, hard boiled egg

1. Dice 2-3 celery stalks and 1/2 lemon, and prepare 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce

2. Add chopped romaine lettuce and 1/4 cup parsley and dill to a large salad plate or bowl

3. Add 1/2 cup raspberries, sliced hard boiled egg, and diced lemon and celery to the salad

4. Dress with a tbsp light balsamic vinaigrette or make your own with 2 tsp balsamic vinegar and tsp olive oil

Do you incorporate local produce into your recipes? Any ideas or favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment