Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Salat Michal

I'm having a great time interning in the city, and contrary to what people think, that being in the city everyday can drain you of energy, I feel that it actually fuels me! It's so exciting to find new adventures each day and to be surrounded with a bunch of people who are rushing to take on their next ventures. Not to mention, I always look forward to going to ballet class(es) after work on the upper east side, and the commute is always interesting. Running in a green flowy dress through the subway station is my favorite.....

Plus, on the way to class I found THE BEST gate to central park:


...then I got really excited about it and drew it.....and I hope to eventually live near it!

This is definitely going to be a really memorable summer, and even though I'm missing Israel (where I usually spend some of summer), there are ways for me to incorporate my Israeli habits into my American repertoire: like eating this salad at any time of the day (even breakfast, which is totally normal in Israel)!

Ingredients: 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce, diced bell pepper, juice of half a lemon, tbsp green olives, diced cucumber, hard boiled egg, tsp olive oil, dash of salt and pepper, tsp zaatar

1. Add 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce, diced bell pepper, tbsp green olives, diced cucumber, and hard boiled egg to a large salad bowl

2. Dress with juice of half a lemon, tsp olive oil, dash of salt and pepper, and a tsp zaatar

No comments:

Post a Comment