Thursday, May 15, 2014

Hawaiian Grill Salad

Between my "summer" beginning, my brother traveling to Hawaii, Mother's Day weekend, and nice weather, the idea to grill some seafood, and pineapple came to mind. However, I'm not great at barbecuing- my experience goes up to cooking bananas and marshmallows at campfires (and there is a possibility that some may have caught on fire)… So, since I can't barbecue and my dad is a master, he grilled skewers with shrimp, pineapple, and red bell pepper. I merely set out a bowl of lettuce and threw in what he grilled!

For a large salad (but alter depending on how much you want)
Ingredients: 3 cups romaine lettuce, about 10 shrimps, 3/4 cup pineapple chunks, 1 bell pepper cut to chunks, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar

1. Arrange the chunks of pineapple, shrimp, and bell pepper on skewers

2. Grill on barbecue until the shrimp is ready (a few minutes on each side)

3. Take chunks off the skewer and add to salad bowl with 2 cups lettuce

No comments:

Post a Comment